Old March 9th 07, 01:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Masino

Default Lowrance 2000C ???

Blueskies wrote:
"Jay Masino" wrote in message . ..
: I've been wrestling lately on whether to get a 1000 or 2000c. I'm not
: really all that concerned about terrain awareness, since I fly where
: it's almost exclusively flat. In addition, I think the color is cute,
: but not really neccesary. In fact, the 320x320 pixel display of the
: 1000 seems a little sharper to my eyes. What else do you like about
: the 2000c vs. your old 1000?

The terrain feature also has a profile view that will show obstructions also, so the terrain feature is helpful for
flatlanders also...

The 1000 has obstructions, and I doubt I'd ever use the profile view.
After flying behind a Garmin 195 for 10 years, I can safely say that I
use the map view 99.9999% of the time.

Any other advantages?

--- Jay

--

Jay Masino "Home is where My critters are"
http://www.JayMasino.com