Old December 29th 11, 02:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
C2

Default Standard Cirrus

On Dec 28, 2:38*pm, Walt Connelly Walt.Connelly.
wrote:
Could I impose upon those of you more experience soaring types and ask
your opinion of the Standard Cirrus? *Pros? *Cons? *Indifferences? *I am
looking for my first ship.

Walt

--
Walt Connelly

It was my first glass ship after 120 hours in a Ka6CR. Due to others
reports, my biggest concern was the all flying tail and it's
sensitivity. As soon as I started rolling and got into the air behind
the tug, I realized it was an overblown issue. Above 90-100 knots have
two hands on the stick. If you set the glider up each time, installing
the tail can be a bit of a pain the first few times. With a little
practice It will be easy. It's fairly obvious when it's installed
improperly.
It has a huge cockpit. It climbs great and runs just fine. And, the
Standard Cirrus will be easy to resell.