Old February 21st 04, 06:05 AM
Ross Oliver

Robert M. Gary wrote:
I'm not so worried about losing the vac. What I'm worried about is
lossing the AI.

Am I missing something? How is installing a 2nd AI going to solve
the problem of identifying an inaccurate indication? The old saying
goes, "A man with one watch knows the time, a man with two watches
is never sure." If you have two AIs and they disagree, how will you
determine which one is correct? You will have to cross check against
the DG and TC, same as you would if you had only one AI. Seems to me
a better approach would be to practice cross-check in a simulator,
where you can practice with an erratic AI rather than simply covering
it up.

Ross Oliver