Old March 7th 06, 11:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default What will user fees do to small towered airports

I am wondering what user fees will do my local airport. ORH (Worcester
Regional Airport) is a towered airport with four commercial flights
*WEEKLY*. Needless to say, the airport is struggling.

If user fees go into effect, will each take-off and landing incur a user
fee?

There are ten uncontrolled fields within 25 miles of ORH. My guess is that
the piston singles currently based in Worcester will depart for one of the
others.

When I was training, I remember doing 20 touch and gos one day. What would
that have cost me?

I suspect once the traffic is gone, the tower will go too, but that will be
too late.

Anyone have any insight on this?