Old September 12th 03, 02:52 PM
Jack McAdams

Default Beech Sundowner strobe power supply location????

It is not starting out to be a great day --- Murphy is in the area
yet again.

I just bought a new Whelen Comet power supply for my wingtip strobe
lights. The old one works, but I really like the visibility of the
Comet multi-flash. This should be a simple upgrade; just remove the
old power supply, install the new one with appropriate connections and
off we go.

Simple? Hah! According to the C23 maintenance & service manual, the
parts diagrams, and the electrical system manual the original power
supply is mounted next to the battery, behind the baggage area
bulkhead. Actually, the parts diagram shows it somewhere above the 3rd
window. It's not there! I have looked throughout the rear area from
the baggage area to the tailcone – no joy. Even looked under the panel
thinking that would be logical. Wrong again. I turned the strobes on
hoping to hear the tell-tale high pitched whine but still could not
locate it.

The aircraft is a 1983 Sundowner, serial M-2372.

Before I get into pulling the seats and floorboards I thought I'd ask
the experts: Where is it????

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jack