Old November 17th 03, 10:29 PM
Michael 182

Maybe I'm using the wrong term, but the controller referred to it as
restricted. 700' vertical, 2000' horizontal... What should it be called?

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Michael 182" wrote in message

I flew up to Rapid City today and asked approach to vector me as close

as
they could to Mt. Rushmore. They were very friendly, cautioned me about

the
restricted area around the monument, and vectored and suggested

altitudes
get as close as was reasonably possible without risking getting busted.

Did
a nice job. (Still not a great view. Really need to land to see the

faces
well.)

A Restricted Area around Mt. Rushmore? That sounds dangerous to me, and
harmful to the monument too.