Old October 15th 09, 04:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Gibbons[_2_]

Default radio transmission trouble

On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 21:17:49 -0700 (PDT), SD wrote:

I am hoping someone can help with a problem I am having in
mySZD55.while thermaling some transmissions are lost as I turn.it
seems to recieve fine no matter if I am turning or not.it's an older
avionic dittle 720c.how do I diagnose if it's antenna related or just
a bad radio?
Thanks, Dennis Vreeken. aka 4Q

Not sure how to recommend diagnosis, but I can relate a problem I had
last year with my Dittel radio cutting out intermittently. My problem
turned out to be caused by a broken center pin on the coax cable
carrying the antenna into the radio. It was completely detached at the
point where it was soldered to the coax center wire, but contained in
the coax connector, it would sometimes contact, and other times not.
This is the sort of fault that could be g-effected, depending on how
your antenna wiring harness is supported.

Easy enough to check.

Good luck.

Bob