Old February 14th 04, 05:49 AM
Kirk Stant

(DGRTEK) wrote in message ...
Serious question. I've spoken to several pilots regarding the handling
characteristics of the 1-34, and the general comment was that the Rudder could
have been a bit more effective.

My question is, Has anyone tried to modify the rudder to be more effective?
What would be the result of adding a small tab to the trailing edge of the
rudder? I'm not concerned with legality now, I'm curious to know if it could
be done. TIA

Douglas

The rudder is fine, don't worry about it!

Have you flown a 1-34 yet? It's not quite an LS4, but it's better
than a PW-5 - from personal experience out here in Arizona.

A bit stiff on the controls, but that might just be a need for some
lube...

Wash it, wax it, hose out the dirt from the fuselage, put a nice vario
in it, and go fly - it's a great first XC glider.

Kirk