Old March 5th 04, 04:36 AM
WaltBJ

Well, I almost went the V12 program in 1950. My buddie's jarhead
aviator brother tried to talk me into it. Then I thought of sailing
around in a damn boat for six months at a whack in a strictly male
atmosphere and decided not only no but hell no. Next year I joined the
Air Force. Never regretted it. Got to fly the hottest airplane in the
world - the Dash 19 104A. Also got to spend 22 years in fighter
cockpits (F86/F102/F104/F4). Was still flying the F4 and filling a
combat slot right up to two months before I hung it up for good. Not
too shabby for a 49 year old. Go Air Force! I even almost forgave
DCS/P for that 4 years at a desk in USAFE after SEA.
Walt BJ