Old February 13th 18, 06:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike Schumann[_2_]

Default Trig TT21 + TN72 TABS ADS-B Out Install working great....

On Monday, February 12, 2018 at 6:19:14 PM UTC-6, Ramy wrote:
On Monday, February 12, 2018 at 1:21:21 PM UTC-8, son_of_flubber wrote:
On Monday, February 12, 2018 at 11:00:49 AM UTC-5, Bob Caldwell (BC) wrote:

So how much of a hassle was it to update the XPDR and head on the TT21? My stuff is buried in the mess of other stuff under my glare shield. Can a local Trig dealer do it or does it have to go to Micro Air in Kansas?

A local Trig dealer can do the software upgrade if they have the proper cables, equipment, time in their schedule, and expertise. But it is free + shipping + insurance from Mid Continent. I thought it was rather easy to pull the head and XPDR unit out of plane. You don't need to send them the cable.

It will be cool if we could integrate our ADS-B data into the sailplane tracker to provide continuous real time position reporting.

Ramy

Using the same hardware, you can also get other software that feeds other databases in addition to flightaware. There are over 15,000 of these amateur receivers deployed around the world. There are even guys installing these on mountain peaks out west, coupled with directional WIFI antennas with 30+ mile links to the closest internet connection. Amazing stuff you can do for cheap.