Old March 12th 18, 07:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Foster

Default SSA's New YouTube Channel

On Friday, March 9, 2018 at 11:17:49 AM UTC-7, wrote:
The Soaring Society of America has launched a new YouTube Channel and will be posting new content throughout the 2018 soaring season, including a series of demographically targeted videos that you or your home club may embed on its homepage or Facebook page. These videos are intended to be shown to the public, used in presentations about the sport (i.e., schools, civic groups, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts), or displayed at your clubhouse, local Fly-Ins, Airshows, Community Festivals, and other highly visible local events.

Moreover, these videos be be linked from newly designed print and digital materials that will be made available to SSA members, clubs, and businesses later this year.

See: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqo...3iGmw/featured

The SSA's hope is that you'll "Like" these new videos and help encourage everyone in our community to View, "Share", and "Subscribe" to the new SSA YouTube Channel. Keep in mind that all of us are in a unique position to share our love and passion for the sport with others, and sharing these videos is but one step in recruiting new faces to our home club.

Here are the first two videos in a series of many to be produced throughout the 2018 & 2019 soaring seasons. Enjoy!

Soaring... You Should Try It! See: https://youtu.be/HyvKdQFjdFY

Support U.S. Junior Soaring (Contests, Camps, Grants & Symposiums) See: https://youtu.be/RZEIUC0YiPM

Best regards,

Chris Schrader
SSA Director, Region 6
Chair of the SSA's Growth & Retention Committee

P.S. We're looking for volunteers who'd like to send us their latest 4K GoPro or other Hi-Def soaring videos. As you film your adventures this summer, please consider being a contributor to the SSA. We're looking for raw video that includes action packed scenes such as: air-to-air video of you flying among other gliders; air-to-air shots from a towplane or other aircraft; ridge running; mountain flying; wave soaring; youth taking flight instruction; multi-generational participation at the gliderport; fun social atmosphere at the home club; glider aerobatics; and any anything else you think looks exciting! For more info, please e-mail: videos[at]ssa[dot]org

Thanks for this. Subscribed and shared it on my FB page.