Old March 12th 18, 05:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default ASW-24

:-D

On 3/12/2018 3:38 AM, wrote:
On Sunday, March 11, 2018 at 11:35:24 AM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
Wow - I think it's terrific that your wife flies, too!Â* Maybe you need
another ship so you can fly together, or a Stemme...

On 3/10/2018 10:59 PM,
wrote:
On Wednesday, May 25, 2005 at 7:54:34 PM UTC-4, Lee Rusconi wrote:
I have an opportunity to buy a 1988 ASW-24 which is
in beautiful condition, good electronics and great
trailer. The glider is equipped with M&H winglets.
The asking price is $45,000 US. I would appreciate
any feedback regarding the winglets and/or the price.

Thanks
I own an ASW24 that once belonged to a wonderful man named Ray Galloway, P1.
My wife and I fly the 24 often and I think it is an excellent flying and handling bird.I do agree that it needed a water tank in the tail. I made lead weights to insert in the rear top of the vertical fin. Only drawback is that my wife must always remove the tail surface and remove the weights before flight. My thermal speed depends on the thermal, strong days I find myself going a bit faster, and on weaker days maybe 45 or so. Bob

--
Dan, 5J

Dan, for better or worse , but not for flying together! She flies better than 90% of the guys. She flew an ASW 20 that we owned back in the 80's for several years. She does have her own ship, an KA6 that is like new and she likes the vintage sailplanes. Please note, at 120 pounds she will show you how to climb, She usually stays up for hours and leaves most of the guts shaking their heads.

--
Dan, 5J