Old July 17th 09, 05:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Mark Hansen

Default Light gun work with ATC COMS - Video

On 07/16/09 15:38, BeechSundowner wrote:
On Jul 16, 4:38 pm, Mark Hansen wrote:
On 07/16/09 14:12, A Lieberman wrote:

On Jul 16, 3:59 pm, Mark Hansen wrote:

Why don't you think 91.185 applies once you break out of the clouds?
Did you cancel your IFR clearance at that point? If not, aren't you
still flying by IFR?

Actually it's a visual, I didn't mean VFR.

No. If you break out at DA and continue to land, you're not executing
a visual approach. See the Pilot/Controller glossary for details.

My point being landing is not an instrument procedure and has it's own
set of rules.

When flying IFR and landing through the use of an IAP, the landing is
certainly part of the procedure.

Bear with me Mark. If what you say is true, then why do you get a
clearance to land? Why are you NOTcleared to land on the approach
when you receive your clearance to execute the approach.

Again, if you are flying an IAP under IFR and NORDO, when you get
to the DA on the approach - and all other IAP landing criteria are
met (visibility, etc.), then you land. You had better not be looking
for a light gun signal at this point.

--
Mark Hansen, PP-ASEL, Instrument Airplane, USUA Ultralight Pilot
Cal Aggie Flying Farmers