Old July 18th 09, 06:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Ash Wyllie

Default Light gun work with ATC COMS - Video

Sam Spade opined

BeechSundowner wrote:
On Jul 17, 11:39 am, Mark Hansen wrote:

Come on Allen. Are you saying that you cannot land if you don't have
the Control Tower in view?

Do you have anything to back in FARS that you can land without a
landing clearance on a NORDO situation.

Again, practical world, I will land, but I will be betting on "call
the tower" after landing.

7600 isn't a landing clearance and nor is "cleared for the approach" a
landing clearance. The light gun is a visual replacement for "cleared
to land".

If it's 200 1/2 I am not going missed because I can't see the tower, I
am landing in the real world, but the book world does not support this
for NORDO situations. It does support this in emergency situation
which I would consider the situation myself.

You're counting angels on the head of a pin.

The real question is, what do you do if the tower flashes a red signal at you?

-ash
Elect Cthulhu!
Vote the greater evil.