Old March 6th 15, 03:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Boost performance of Solo 2350 turbo (sustainer)

Just a word of caution...

When I was building my Harley, I asked the head porter for 10.5 or 11.5
to 1 compression and extremely high lift, long duration camshafts. He
asked me if I planned to race the bike since, with each point increase
in compression, I'd lose 10% or more in reliability. I opted for less
performance and I'm glad I did. It's been over 100,000 miles since I
built my engine.

Small aircraft engines produce a lot of power given their displacement
and I've no doubt that increasing the power will reduce the longevity.

On 3/6/2015 12:14 AM, wrote:
Wondering if anyone has boosted the horsepower of a Solo 2350 turbo (or sustainer engine) to get better high and hot performance? If anyone has done this would like both positive and negative comments as to the work done, the results and what they did to boost engine performance.

--
Dan Marotta