Old June 21st 05, 09:19 PM
Don Tuite

On 21 Jun 2005 11:32:35 -0700, "Robert M. Gary"
wrote:

Last summer we flew to Vancouver and had a great time. This time I was
thinking it would be fun to go to Victoria. Are there things for a
family to do? Are there good places to go airport hopping?
I'm not looking for "aviation" stuff to do, but rather fun things for a
9 and 10 year old to do. Is there any kayaking or snorkling available?
Is the island itself worth just driving around? Is there anything to do
at TOFINO? Where should we stay?

If the kids can be read to without squirming, here's an idea.

Fina a copy of The Curve of Time, by Muriel Wylie Blanchet. Published
in 1961, it describes the author's summer-long trips with her 5
children (she was a widow) in the 1920s and '30s in a 25-foot
motorboat through the waters between Vancouver Island and the BC
mainland. Blanchet wrote many articles for Canadian magazines over
the years and she has the ability to give a strong sense of place.
And tell the kids one of the stories is abouts a spooky visit to a
Haida burial island.

Don