Old August 12th 08, 06:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Philippe[_2_]

Default Battery cable selection

Bruce A. Frank wrote:

Gee, this discussion became convoluted. Your maximum draw on the
circuit would be when starting. Your battery may be rated in peak
starting amps capacity. One of the advantages of 24 volts over 12 is
the ability to use smaller diameter wires (weight savings). So, using
the same diameter for interconnection as was used for the 12 primary
connection is overkill. Low of mentioning of twice the voltage then
half the wire diameter...but I thought it was 1/4, but I am not an EE
and it has a loooong time since I have played with those
calculations.{no, I don't want to do the calculations right now! ;-) }

battery is heavier... are you sure you gain weight?

For wi section would be 1/2 as the amperage, diameter would be reduce
by 0,707.

--
Volem rien foutre al païs!
Philippe Vessaire Ò¿Ó¬