Old February 1st 07, 01:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default what features are in the next generation of flight computers

Voice recognition. Able to accept and reply to voice commands. Input
and change flight declarations/turnpoints/turnpoint diameter/McCready
setting, etc all by voice commands. Voice command to radio to allow
frequence change and volume change. Anything that could reduce "head
down" time greatly.

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA

On Feb 1, 1:54 am, Peter wrote:
I've been daydreaming about flight computers...

Not the ones we have now, but the next generation... I haven't seen any
significant step changes in the functions the current generation
provide...

So I started day dreaming... and I came up with a wish-list, (now some of
these are obviously possible and others are definitely dream-time
illusions)

- colour displays (properly daylight readable)
- FLARM(or ADS-B or whatever) functionality
- Lite-Transponders
- live bidirectional position datalinks for competitions or team flying
- some form of remote sensing for likely lift areas (infrared, radar)
- Full digital panel (vario, alt, asi, horizon)
- really detailed maps (even 3d maps, like google earth ?)
- anti-gravity... erm... running out of ideas :-)

What else would/could you add to the list... and have you an idea of how
to implement it...

Peter