Old July 26th 10, 02:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

Default JS-1 Exhaust Vent

On Jul 25, 5:52*pm, Bruno wrote:
Paul,
I am greatly looking forward to seeing your work at the upcoming 20
get together. *I was talking to a few pilots I respect at the Region 9
Logan contest last week and mentioned your proposed vent and they said
that there will be a problem with the hatch being off to one side and
not centered. *What do you think? *Still count me in for trying one
out. *

Bruno - B4

On Jul 25, 4:33*pm, sisu1a wrote:

Gotta hand it to Johan Bosman on this one... look at pg 5 of this pdf:http://www.streckenflug.at/news/js_c...on_2010_07.pdf
Personally I think his take on the exhaust vent is simply ingenious.
The opening on that thing is immense and has got to allow much air to
pass, but flow is organized by that little louver/wing. Pure genius.

I may just be preoccupied on the subject right now since I'm in the
middle of making vented ASW-20 hatches (Mandl and Butler styles) for
the upcoming 20 gathering at Tehachapi. Pics to follow...

-Paul

Maybe equally impressive to the engineering of the JS1 exhaust vent is
the psychological-gamesmanship of emphasizing the performance
enhancement effects of this just prior to the 18m Worlds. Love it.

Darryl