Old December 10th 03, 04:34 PM
RR Urban

Observations:
Acceleration is faster than I expected - I've never flown an RV
solo. I'd planned on good accel, but it was more than I expected.
Tail comes up sooner than expected too.

Takes longer than I expected to slow to taxi speed...

Dave 'taxi stand' Hyde

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

{Everything is even a tad quicker in the RV-3.]

As to slowing down to taxi speeds --
My RV-3 never does... WITHOUT brake
application on a paved strip of 4500 feet
even when 3 pointing on the first 600 feet,

The 69 inch pitch prop and 650 rpm idle, keeps
the RV-3 trucking almost indefinitely over 30 mph
without minor brake application on hard surface.

If your idle and prop pitch are above that...
so much the worse.

P.S.
Grass, of course, is a different story.

Barnyard BOb - do the math