Old July 5th 18, 10:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Top Hat Question (XCSoar?)

Do you actually have a circling page and a cruise page set up or are you using the auto page unknowingly for both?

I've done it both ways [I think]. Originally defined two sets of infoboxes (climb and cruise) but I'd only defined (or activated?) one page. And I used automatic thermaling zoom (or whatever it's called; I don't have my Kobo here) to change the view when climbing. That worked great except when I wanted to quickly zoom out while circling.

When I realized that, I defined two pages, each of which has one set of infoboxes assigned/referenced. These don't seem to autoswitch in flight. When I assign one of those pages as "Auto" (per the help instructions), it either doesn't autoswitch when climbing or it does but retains the same zoom level as for cruising. And when I zoom in manually, it doesn't auto zoom out when I cruise again; it stays zoomed in until I change it manually. When I enable the autozoom function in this mode and press the Screens button to switch to cruise, it retains the zoomed in view and I have to manually zoom out anyway. At least I think that's what's happening. It's a chore to go into settings every few minutes in flight and still fly the glider.

I haven't tested every combination in flight so I'm assuming I just haven't stumbled across the right configuration settings. I thought Distinct Zoom would do it, and it does for manually switching screens. But not when hoping they will autoswitch. I'm 90% of the way the I just need a way to force the application to autoswitch my screens as they are set up the same way I now manually switch them with the Screens button. Or so it seems....

Chip Bearden