Old September 7th 04, 03:07 PM
John Cochrane

Welcome to the club. Every recent 27B I know of has had this problem
to greater or lesser extent. Mine had awful shrinkage and dimples
after only three months. I gather this is due to curing of the epoxy
gluing the spar to the wing skins, and will happen eventually in hot
or cold weather. I had mine fixed. The decline and then restoration of
the original (amazing) performance was noticeable. I was advised to
wait 3 years so the curing and dimpling is complete before fixing. I
ignored this wise advice and have a little additional shrinkage in the
two years since I had it fixed, but not yet enough to consider doing
it again. It's important to have someone you really trust do this; a
poor job can screw up the entire wing profile. I would advise paying
more to be sure the profiling is done right. BTW, I contacted the
factory under the warranty, but they blew me off. We're on our own
with this. On the good side, once it's done you have a great glider!

John Cochrane (BB)