Old July 14th 05, 04:11 PM
Peter R.

Longworth wrote:

Rick, I enjoyed your post.

Jamestown was 30 miles
north, and Cory might have had better weather, but and I did not feel
like going down to check it out for myself. Plan B was in order.

I fly to Cory just about every other week for fuel. My second "real"
missed approach I have ever flown after my 2003 IFR rating was attempting a
GPS approach into Cory back in May. My alternate that day was Dunkirk,
about 50 nm northwest, which was in the clear.

Two weeks ago the Cory airport manager told me that they just received some
extra money from the US gov't and will spend some of that on an official
ASOS. He said to expect this to be installed sometime next year and he is
hopeful that their various approach minimums will be lowered perhaps 50
feet or so as a result.

--
Peter