Old December 13th 04, 04:55 PM
Paul Smedshammer

In article , emove (AJW) wrote:

It sounds like something caused you to lose fuel flow -- did you notice the
fuel pressure gauge?

Fuel pressure was in the green and appeared to be normal through the whole
event. I only have one EGT and CHT gauge so I only know what was going on
with the one cylinder.

I have received many opinions and the two that seem the most plausible are
induction icing and fuel contamination. Bummer is that I don't know how to
verify either. I would sure like to get my confidence level in this engine
back up to where it was before the event.

I'm going to have my mechanic check over the fuel filter screen and anything
else he might find. Problem is, that it ran perfectly for the remaining 30
minutes of the flight. And I went out the next day and did a full run up on
both tanks and everything seems totally normal. I would have felt better if I
could have at least found some water in the tanks.

Paul