Old July 21st 03, 05:46 PM
Bert Willing

Not that I think that it would cheer you up, but the reason for the last two
month's UK wheather is a pretty strong Acore high pressure (deviating all
cyclones to the north) which has given the Alps (at least the western part)
the best conditions since at least 10 years. And not just one day - since
beginning of June, the conditions are just tremendeous.

Sorry for that...

Bert

"Martin Gregorie" a écrit dans le message de
On 21 Jul 2003 11:54:17 GMT, Owain Walters
wrote:

I must be living in a different UK to you guys. This
year has been pretty good really.

Speaking entirely from my experiences, May was excellent and I thought
it was the start of a great year, but the last two months have been
pretty dire. OK for local soaring, I suppose, but nothing I could do a
significant xc in.

Maybe I should just practise harder :-(

--
martin@ : Martin Gregorie