Old April 11th 05, 03:00 AM
BTIZ

6.5 hours to fly an L3? I take it that is a derivative of the J-3/L4 cub?

Is there not anything closer? granted I know finding cubs to rent or tail
wheels is getting tougher.

Sounds like they were busy enough, and did not concern themselves with some
one from far away that would not be a regular customer.

BT

"W P Dixon" wrote in message
Hi Yall,
Just got back from Winchester ,VA. I went up there to fly an old L3 , but
after having the arrangements made for the last week after I drive all the
way up there, I am told that no one had put me on the schedule. ( Had been
having to reschedule due to bad weather for a month).
Of course the young fellow at the counter said well I can get you in at
7pm, and then for alittle while on Sunday. Which , yes, was decent of him
to try to pull something off. But when someone has driven for 6 and a half
hours to fly as much as humanly possible Saturday afternooon and Sunday,
it just would not do.
When I am willing to go that far I expect to fly more than enough to
make it worth my while. So I thought about it for a minute or two, said
"f--- it" I'm going back to TN. Crappy way to do biz, and I just could not
see giving not even one hard earned dollar to Valley Aviation . If a
company is not going to write down reservations they need to stop taking
them altogether.
So I didn't get to fly the L3 , which is a bummer! I looked forward to
it. But at least I stopped by Lexington and paid my respects to the
General. I sure hope you ladies and gents had more fun flying than I did
this weekend.

--
Patrick Dixon
student SPL