Old May 23rd 13, 01:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

Default Condor Logitech X3D Pro settings or driver

I use that same joystick without issue. *windows 7, latest condor

Me too. Has the original poster calibrated his/her joystick using the
included software? Calibration does drift. From the logitech forum:

HOW TO CALIBRATE THE LOGITECH EXTREME 3D PRO JOYSTICK
I just figured out how to calibrate this joystick. I am using Windows
XP. I assume it will work with all Windows operarting systems though.

Go to Control Panel, click on "Game Controllers", or however you get
to your joystick settings. Hold down the "Ctrl" (control key) and the
"Shift" key together - at the same time, THEN click your mouse on the
"Properties". This should take you to a different calibration screen
that you would get to without holding the two keys together. IMPORTANT
- Click on the "Test" tab first. If you go to the settings tab first,
it likely will not work. Without doing anything else after clicking on
the "Test" tab, next click on the "Settings" tab. Then click on the
"Calibrate" button below. Click "next". Click the thumb button on the
left side of the joystick which should bring you to another screen.
Then follow the prompts......
* On the "axis calibration", move your joystick in full circles,
making sure the "+" symbol moves around the far margins of the square.
After a few complete circles, click the "next" button with your mouse.
* On the next screen, click the left button on the joystick again,
which should bring you to the next screen. Move the throttle lever
back and forth a few times. Then click "next" again.
* On the "Z rotation screen", move the joystick to the left and right
(rotate it) a few times. Then click "next" and then "finish" then
"ok". Thats it. It should be calibrated now. Hope this helps everyone
with problems.

For Windows 7...

Go to Devices & Printers
Right Click on Extreme 3D Joystick
Click on Game Controller Settings
Ctrl+Shift Click on Properties Here to get to Calibration

If it's not working quite right, plug the joystick into a different
USB port and try the directions above again (I had to do this - worked
like a charm!!).