Old September 6th 04, 07:34 PM
Scott Skylane

Paul Folbrecht wrote:
I want (need) a new prop for my C152. Sensenich has a 12-week lead
time. Are there other sources?

2nd question: Anybody have any comments the Sparrow Hawk conversion?

Paul,

1. http://www.propellerman.com/

although, they may be a bit "pre-occupied" today...

2. We converted our fleet of 152's years ago, and have been pleased
with the results. Lower spark plugs stay cleaner, the revised baffling
is more serviceable, and of course the performance improvement is
welcome, if not dramatic. Only real drawback is that the piston rings
tend to get "soft" at about 1500 hours, probably due to increased heat
of cumbustion. A quick hone and new ring set cures that, and its off
for another 1500 hours.

Happy Flying!
Scott Skylane
N92054