Old September 16th 04, 01:41 PM
john smith

SCORR is exactly where they were sending me!
Thanks for the suggestions Andrew.

Andrew Sarangan wrote:
The preferred routes are listed in the AF/D. But those are pretty much
useless. You can get a better clue for the routing by looking at the
STARs. Coming from Columbus you would use Cruxx Four arrival. Just file
direct to Cruxx and then radar vectors to your destination. That way you
are more likely to get cleared as filed.
For the departure, since your airport does not have a DP, look at the DP
for a nearby airport (PTK). Looking at Pontiac Eight Departure, a good
choice would be radar vectors to SCORR intersection and then direct. If
you file it that way, you are likely to get cleared as filed.
I have done it this way many times and has worked most of the time.