Old June 13th 09, 03:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
rlovinggood

Default It's been a LOUSY U.S. soaring contest season!

Y'all are just flying in the wrong contests. We Club Classer's got in
four out of five days at Cordele, plus some of us flew on the non-
official practice day on Saturday. True, the days had some "iffy"
weather that made tasking a head-scratcher, but I'm pretty sure all
the Club Class contestants had a ball at Cordele! I know I did!
Mostly due to the way the contest was run. Lots of good people doing
great things and they made it all look oh so easy.

While Juliet Four might be ready to trade for a red bass boat, I'm not
giving up on soaring just yet. Heck, we might actually have a soaring
day this coming weekend! Hey J4, if you can't find a bass boat, one
of my coworkers just got a new 22' (+/-) "Stingray" with 5.7 liter,
300 h.p. Chevy engine/Volvo marine conversion, I/O drive, and tandem
axle trailer. The boat is red. He'll probably take you for a ride.

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA