Old August 14th 13, 05:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter[_1_]

Default Outlanding Award - Feedback Requested

My UK club used to award a Lead 'C' in line with the Silver and Gold 'C',
but recognising an ability to not go distance and still land out, not
sure what the exact criterion where... in fact I think the point was
there was no criterion... it was a committee decision... for fun, and in
jest.

Peter

On Mon, 12 Aug 2013 05:59:44 -0700, Jamie Shore wrote:

For a few years now, the Soaring Club of Houston (scoh.org), has had an
award called the "Brick" award that gave a trophy for the most
out-landings in a year. We are now considering retiring the "Brick" and
changing the scope of the award. We want the new trophy to reflect
proper planning and execution when landing out rather than just
recognizing a high land out rate.

We would love to hear any constructive criticism that you might have.
This new award philosophy is very much in its infancy - we are looking
for your feedback in this early stage.

Please view the ROUGH DRAFT:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...af6x3QG5FxZgH-

eEc0fV2-k/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks,
Jamie Shore Soaring Club of Houston scoh.org