Old August 25th 04, 12:20 AM
phil hunt

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 19:37:00 GMT, Michael Wise wrote:
In article ,
(phil hunt) wrote:

The Chinese have essentially become capitalists today. Just like the
Russians
too. They just don't like to admit it much.

Thieving capitalists who invent nothing and simply copy/counterfeit what
the rest of the world creates.

Didn't people use to say that about Japan?

I don't know. If they did, I wasn't one of them.

Japan does not have a history of openly tolerated theft of intellectual
property (media, software, etc.), and I think most of us would agree
Japan has created (as opposed to copied) a number of innovative or
otherwise excellent products (automotive, cellular, consumer
electronics, etc.)

The same cannot be said for China.

I guess they didn't invent printing then. Or gunpowder.

(Email: zen19725 at zen dot co dot uk)