Old February 16th 04, 03:14 AM
Richard Kaplan

"Robert Henry" wrote in message
newsBWXb.39710$fZ6.13433@lakeread06...

beginning of RWY 26). Just barely flying the minimum would put you 20
seconds past the 199 from LDN assuming a standard rate left turn. If

I flew the procedure with a student in my Cessna 210 simulator (which also
has a Garmin 530) and we reached the designated altitude significantly
before we crossed the radial. If the procedure were flown purely by VOR and
pilotage with no moving map, one could easily lose situational awareness at
that point.

Again, the Jepp charts depict this much better graphically, although I
realize only the text is legally binding.

--
Richard Kaplan, CFII

www.flyimc.com