Old July 13th 03, 04:35 AM
Paul Baechler

In article ,
(Wright1902Glider) wrote:

Except for those "drag alieron" / "adjustable wingtip" / "whatever they were
calling them" thingies on the Silver Dart, and one other earlier machine whose
name escapes me... unless you have definative photographic evidence to the
contrary.

Ailerons are not wing warping.

And lets not forget that our old pal Curtiss used a "black box" actuating
mechanism on his early machines... I am assuming that you know what that was
and how it worked.

Perhaps you'd care to explain this. I've not run across it in the
literature, and have never seen photographic evidence of it.

And all of this happened in what year? 1906? 1907? 1908
even? Need I remind you that the Wrights were flying figure-8's for 45+
minutes by 1905?

It's a pity they never really advanced beyond that.

--
Paul Baechler