Old November 29th 03, 12:43 AM
Ed Majden

"Ken Duffey"
For example the T-6 is still 'serving' with the CAF - and I think one is
still used (in service) by the RAE at Boscombe Down as a chase plane.

Ken:
I know the motto of the CAF is, "We fly old crates", but I think the T-6
Harvard is long retired unless it has been resurrected as our first line
interceptor. ;-) With budget cut backs, that may be a possibility! The
primary trainer is the CT-156 Harvard II which is definitely not the T-6!
The CL-41 Tutor has been replaced by the CT-155 Hawk jet trainer. The
Snowbird air demonstration team still fly the Tutor but they need
replacement. Basic flying training is now done by a civilian contractor,
Bombardier Ltd out of CFB Moose Jaw, Sask. Another result of trying to cut
costs!
Ed
RCAF/CAF retired.