Old April 7th 07, 06:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Borat

Default I have an opinion on global warming!

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
ups.com...
I've seen quite a few and they are better all the time. This winter the
weather folks twice predicted major winter storms more than 48 hours in
advance and were nearly dead-on both times. I was impressed.

Meteorologists (thanks to satellite technology) have become much
better at predicting storm tracks. This is quite different than
weather forecasting, as in the prediction of where and when a storm
will develop.

All of this isn't to say that methods and results haven't improved --
they have. But we're talking about an improvement from "laughable" to
only "bad" -- which is NOT something I'd hang my hat on in any
discussion of "global climate change."

I think we have to be very careful about the facts in this
discussion. The data (or "Back-casting", as we used to call it) shows
that temperatures worldwide have climbed incrementally in the last
hundred years. The data does NOT show why this is happening, and
everyone is misconstruing "educated guesses" as "facts".

With respect, I tend to go with people who have been studying this for years
and overall there are more scientists supporting the global warming
prognosis.

What has changed is the availability of even more powerful computers
available to model various scenarios.

Global warming is not about what happens on a day by day basis but over long
periods of time.

Let the scientists do their job, and you do yours.

You would be well ****ed if they started telling you how to be an inn
keeper.