Old January 13th 05, 05:35 AM
Thomas Schoene

D wrote:

The article also included a photo of a MH-60S KnightHawk, which was a
name I was unfamiliar with.

The MH-60S is very recent, within the last year or two. It's basically a
hybrid of the Seahawk and the Blackhawk, intended for VERTREP and other
roles, eventally including mine countermeasures and combat SAR. I'm not
sure whether the name "Knighthawk" is official, but it's fairly common, from
the Navy's plan to use it to replace the UH-46 and HH-46 Sea Knight (but not
the Marine CH-46s) as well as the HH-60H.

"Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when
wrong to be put right." - Senator Carl Schurz, 1872