Old January 21st 09, 02:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
DRN

Default Komet Trailer gas struts

On Jan 20, 11:25*pm, ZZ wrote:
They arrive fully extended. But when the trailer is fully opened, the
struts are not fully extended.Therefore to install the new ones, you
have to use a strong rope or chain to suspend the top from ??...I used a
beam in my hanger. Remove both of the old ones and then open the top
further beyond its normal height so as to accommodate the longer length
of the new struts.

You can support the trailer top with a couple 2x4's firmly
clamped; no need for overhead hoist if that's not readily
available. In either case, BE CAREFUL !
Same applies for Cobra trailers (thanks for the tip Alfred).

Hope that helps,
Best Regards, Dave