Old November 8th 05, 07:29 AM
RST Engineering

Default Avionics (Radio Problem) Narrowed Down... I Think???

What is a relay switch? I've never seen one. I've seen relays. I've seen
switches. I've never seen a relay switch.

Most avionics designers shy away from really exotic and hard to find stuff.
If this is a simple relay and somebody can come up with a pinout for it, you
can easily modify an off the shelf relay to do the job. It may even have a
Rat Schlock part number on it !

Jim

He mentioned a past problem he had with the relay switch in his audio
panel, and we slid my panel out to take a look... There is a relay
switch, labeled: AMF Potter Brumfield with a part number of:
R40-E1-X4. We popped out that switch, and he carefully tried to open
it up with his pocket knife. He got it half-way out, but didn't want
to force it, so re-inserted it, but also made a visual inspection for
any obvious signs of defect. Nothing obvious was visible.