Old August 30th 03, 11:56 PM
Neal

Cool! Thanks Paul!!!!
I must be blind today... I looked all over the website and totally
missed it. I only saw the GPS unit info.

On 30 Aug 2003 22:31:31 GMT, (paul k. sanchez)
wrote:

www.upsat.com is now gone and is replaced by a Garmin website. There is no
longer any mention of database updates for the old Apollo Loran products
("Flybrary" cards). I bought a one-time update for my 800+ loran a little over
a year and a half ago and it was only about $80 including shipping plus a brand
new memory flash card becuase the old ones I had were too small capacity and
won't hold the newer databases. I wish I'd bought one more of these one-time
update for it now since I fear Garmin will shut off updates for these very
abruptly if they haven't already done so.

Au contraire Pierre.

http://www.garminat.com/138-0427.shtml

Data Card Identification
P/N: 138-0427 Name: North America
Class: D Version: 1.11

Coverage
North and Latin America (Hawaii not included)

Data Card Contents

Airport data: Airport, Ident, Lat/Lon, facility name, city name, state,
country, field elevation, facility type, runway direction, lengths, surface and
lighting, frequencies, fuel availability
VOR data: Ident, Lat/Lon, facility name, state, country, frequency
NDB data: Ident, Lat/Lon, facility name, state, country, frequency
LOC-DME: Ident, Lat/Lon, country (CONUS only)
Intersections: INTus[E] //is that area between the Longitudes W050 and W095
degrees inside the USA and an area east of Detroit in Canada INTus(W) // is
that area between the Longitudes W085 and W130 degrees inside the USA INT(O)am
// is that area in Canada, Latin America, Alaska and an area around Detroit in
USA. LOC-DME // are on the cards after intersections (They were before the
Intersections)
SUA data: Name, type, altitude boundaries, segmented TCA/ARSA. TRSA data not
provided.
MORA data: Minimum Off-Route Altitude data is provided.
Approaches: Approach data not provided.
Other Contents: NOTICE: The information on intersections is now found in two
lists: INT (K) for those in the Continental US and INT (O) for all other
intersections in the Americas.

Version Compatibility

Apollo NMC 2001 C115 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 5.0
Flybuddy Loran 800 1.0, 1.10, 1.11, 1.12, 1.13, 1.20
Flybuddy GPS 820 1.00, 1.01, 1.20
Apollo NMC 2001 C129 4.10, 5.00, 5.1

Maybe there is a reason clients pay my daily fee for what I know.

paul k. sanchez, cfii-mei
on eagles’ wings
2011 south perimeter road, suite g
fort lauderdale, florida 33309-7135