Old November 5th 06, 02:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Cirrus

Default How many instruments can I use for VFR?

Hi again guys,
So I just looked through the 40 replies that this guy got started. I
have to admit to feeling like I fell for his game. I thought a real
student was looking for some help on a checkride. But that aside, I've
also seen a lot of what makes me so proud to be a pilot in all of this.
I think pilots really are (as many of you pointed out) concerned about
their fellow aviators out there. We are a close knit, but hugely
extended family. I can fly to a strange FBO, and never having met a
pilot, ask him/her where to get a cheap meal or find some oil. I
remember one time I met a pilot that got stuck at my FBO. I was heading
up to practice some maneuvers, so I offered to drop him off at his
airport 80 miles away- nothing expected in return. I know lots of
pilots with stories like this. And far from being elitists, I think any
of us REALLY like helping eachother- whether it's answering student
questions, simmer questions, or telling the guy in final to watch out
for the ducks that you nearly hit on the runway a few minutes ago. I'm
glad to have gotten a chance to "meet" a lot of you today, so thanks
again. Today mxsmaniac is that duck sitting on the end of the
runway....

I look forward to answering and asking more questions in the future.
And if I ever put my foot in my mouth, just know no that it's never on
purpose