Old September 25th 04, 04:56 AM
Kevin Brooks

"Pooh Bear" wrote in message
Kevin Brooks wrote:

"tony.anquetil" wrote in message

Atlas a écrit dans le message :
I heard somebody talking about a new version of the Huey helicopter
called
Huey II or Huey 2 ?? Does anybody know what is different ? Is it an
Army
project ?

Huey 2 is an rebuilt UH1H with new rotor, new engines,

Yes and yes.

glass cockpit.....

I don't think so. It may include some avionics upgrades, but it does not
result in a "glass cockpit", from what I have read. That is a pretty
major
upgrade in and of itself.

A fully integrated, night vision goggle (NVG) compatible "glass" cockpit,
maximizes situational awareness, by easily delivering critical navigation,
threat, communications, and aircraft system data to the crew.

Nice try. That ain't the Huey II it is talking about, however--it is the
UH-1Y, a different USMC program to update their own UH-1's. Huey II is a bit
less ambitious program; new engine, new transmission and rotor, and possibly
some limited avionics upgrades (depends on which source you are reading).

Brooks

http://bellhelicopter.com/en/aircraf.../bellUH-1Y.cfm

Graham