Old November 19th 03, 05:07 PM
rip

If it's not spelled out in the ICA, that's good enough. Thanks, Ron!

Ron Natalie wrote:
"rip" wrote in message . com...

Just my view; as always I'm looking forward to seeing reasons why I may
be wrong!

I'll argue two things here. First, for TSO-91c ELT's the instructions for
the continued maintenance are spelled out specifically in the manual,
including how to change the batteries. There's no requirement to do the
G switch test (nor any overriding need to do so). That only has to be done
every 12 months.

However, even if such testing were required, I argue the the owner-pilot is
still authorized to return it to service. After I replace my main aircraft
battery you can be danged sure I'm going to test it before returning the aircraft
to service.

You're making requirements that don't exist in the regulations. As for changing
internal batteries in things not designed to be easily accessible, that is covered
by the initial phrase in 43xA.c "Preventive maintenance is limited to the following
work provided it does not involve complex assembly operations."