Old May 21st 07, 11:42 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ray O'Hara[_2_]

Default Your going to love this one

"Br'er Rabid" wrote in message
.231...
shiver wrote in news:150520071547017999%
:

This was posted in the rotorcraft newsgroup the other day and I thought
the folks here might enjoy taking a peek as well.

It's at the bottom of the AVweb site and from YOUTUBE it shows a clip
of how power companies use helicopters to trim trees around power line.

Enjoy.

http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archive.../861-full.html

Delurking long enough to say that I have a couple of snaps from a
disposable camera of two (highly paid) lunatics repairing insulators on
high tension lines along Highway 1 coming out of the Keys.

Both snaps were a feat for me as I was going 70 in a 55 zone, grabbed the
disposable, stuck the thing out the window, used Kentucky windage, and
didn't take my eyes off the road.

The blades of the chopper were frighteningly close to the wires, the
driver held it perfectly still in about a 15knot wind, and this other
lunatic was standing outside leaning against a tether.

Reminded me of the guys who climb the big wind turbines for routine
maintenance, talk about 1000 yard stares!

post them.