Old April 16th 04, 12:59 AM
Paul Adriance

There's another thread or two below this one where I reviewed the events
leading up to and following the fatal mid air collision that happened here
in the Seattle area. I was able to bail out in time and hope my experience
can be helpful in saving the lives of others and preventing this kind of
accident in the future.

Paul

"Ian Molesworth" wrote in
message ...
Two well known pilots were killed on Monday in South
Africa as a result of yet another mid air collision.

There have been 3 midairs with fatalities in the past
month and about 8 in the past year or so.

Guys, we need to face facts, we are doing something
very badly wrong! I have heard about more mid-airs
in the past year or so than in all the years ( 20 or
so in my experience ) before.

I suggest we do something about it. I am growing increasingly
concerned about this threat and I think we all should
be. Offshore sailing is starting to look increasingly
attractive given the sharp rise in this kind of accident.

Ian Molesworth