Old September 10th 09, 07:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Robert M. Gary

Default Cherokee 140 Oil Temp Sending Unit

On Sep 5, 2:00*pm, "Mike Spera" wrote:
I am in a quest to troubleshoot an oil temp that has crept up a bit in the
last 100 hours or so. Checked all the baffling and"usual stuff". I was going
to check the accuracy of the gauge via testing.

2 things that I cannot find: the part number of the oil temp sending unit
and a supplier. This part does not appear either in the engine parts list or
the airplane parts list. Engine is a 150hp E-3D.

Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Mike

Not to be too obvious but have you looked at the oil cooler? They
require periodic "rod outs", about every 10 years. There are places
you can send it to that will clear out all the channels and return it
yellow taged. Just did mine about 8 years ago and will probably plan
to do it again in the next couple years on my IO-360.

-Robert