Old May 13th 04, 12:32 AM
BUFDRVR

Simon Robbins Wrote:

Should it simply be down to a rule of law that prevents us from doing those
kinds of things to people? If we claim to be the civilised, respectful
peoples that we do, should our morals be so easily cast aside with a "well
they started it" attitude?

The Law of reciprocity does not mandate those actions, simply allows them. I'm
not arguing for or against it. Personally, I'm in line with U.S. policy and
that is; regardless of illegal actions used against us, we will follow the
Geneva Convention. In other words, we'll never take advantage of the Law of
Reciprocity and as someone who may be called upon to execute a combat mission,
this comforts me. I'd hate to get shot down, wounded or killed bombing a school
for reprisal purposes.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"