Old February 16th 07, 03:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dan Luke

Default Flight Review in a turbo twin

"Denny" wrote:

Pardon the question from an ASEL owner, but what good is a BFR for a ME
pilot
that doesn't include engine-out procedures?

The BFR is non plane specific, non maneuver specific, etc... The CFI
can call for engine out procedures but that is exactly what he does
not want his turbo engines to go through... If he does it in his
plane, then he and the CFI have to decide what specific maneuvers will
be done...
Even though I learned to fly in conventional gear and flew such planes
most of my youth (J3, T-craft, 120, 103, etc.) I have also spent the
past few decades pushing twins towards the horizon... This past BFR I
chose to renew my aquaintance with conventional gear by checking out
in a PA-12... The reason for this one is that it returns me to the
right hand stick, left hand throttle, world.. First ten minutes were
fun breaking my right hand from moving when my brain called for power
changes... By the end of the session I had the full stall landing
working again and the hands sorted out... More fun that a bag full of
monkeys... Gonna do it for the next BFR also...

Sounds like fun.

I guess it's ok if you can say for sure your engine-out skills are sharp. A
couple of my ME pilot acquaintances of mine couldn't truthfully make that
statement.

--
Dan
C-172RG at BFM