Old November 23rd 16, 12:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

Default ClearNav CNv public beta available

On Wednesday, November 23, 2016 at 1:33:24 AM UTC-5, John Cochrane wrote:
I'm seeing flarm targets but all the tail numbers are wrong. Is anyone else gauging this problem with
Cn flarm display?
John cochrane.

Hi John,

You're saying the tac flarm display tail numbers are wrong on CN2?

The reason is almost certainly that CN2 is displaying the last 2 digits of the flarm radio ID. And the reason for that is the flarm being received isn't in the flarmnet database you have loaded, in which case CN2 falls back to the radio ID.

On at least on one occasion, I am about 85% certain the database I d/l'ed from flarmnet was corrupted. They (flarm, flarmnet, et al) don't make this stuff easy to check on the ground....

best,
Evan Ludeman for CNi