Old June 17th 17, 09:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Echo

Default A Tale of Two Takeoffs

While I'm in an inquisitive mood, here's another one. What speed are you flying when you thermal your ballasted glider in a 45 degree bank in a gaggle, allowing for the extra energy required for surprise maneuvering? What speed were you being towed at 15 minutes earlier that resulted in your vhf complaint for more speed from the tug driver? Since you're flapped (I'm assuming), what flap setting are you using on tow? Trying to better understand this...

Jordan